Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Start VIEW with the toolbar showing?

VIEW always shows it's toolbar. Unless you have turned it off from the View menu.
I tried that. When I show it from the View menu, it does show, but no checkmark appears in the View menu (suggesting that it's turned on) and it's gone the next time I use VIEW. It doesn't seem to be remembered.

I tried that. When I show it from the View menu, it does show, but no checkmark appears in the View menu (suggesting that it's turned on) and it's gone the next time I use VIEW. It doesn't seem to be remembered.

Exact opposite here - it always shows at startup. I can disable it for the current VIEW session, but it reappears the next time VIEW starts.

Do you have something blocking writes to the registry?

Exact opposite here - it always shows at startup. I can disable it for the current VIEW session, but it reappears the next time VIEW starts.

Do you have something blocking writes to the registry?
Not that I know of ... I wouldn't know how to block registry writes if I wanted to. I have a HKCU\Software\Prineas\FileViewer key with a timestamp of this morning. That key has some ancient stuff in it ... might have been created by an (also ancient and long-gone) stand-alone install of "V". It sounds like you have the same problem of it not being remembered (but yours is stuck in the "on" position).

I deleted that registry key (exported it first if you're interested in what was in there). It was re-created when I used VIEW and now I'm in the same boat as you ... the toolbar always shows when VIEW starts. I guess that's progress.