History and DirHistory dialogs

May 30, 2008
215
1
I noticed that the options to configure their size and position have been removed in TCMD10.

According to the help TCMD will remember if you resize/move them and then use the new size/position next time.

But this does not seem to work for me.

Regardless of changes they always have the same size and position next time.

Am i missing something? (I always run TCC inside TCMD)

Where should the settings be stored? In the registry somewhere?
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
10,975
97
nikbackm wrote:

> I noticed that the options to configure their size and position have been removed in TCMD10.
>
> According to the help TCMD will remember if you resize/move them and then use the new size/position next time.
>
> But this does not seem to work for me.
>
> Regardless of changes they always have the same size and position next time.
>
> Am i missing something? (I always run TCC inside TCMD)
>
> Where should the settings be stored? In the registry somewhere?
The repositioning only works if you use the new pixel position
arguments. If you're still using the old row/column arguments, the size
& position will be fixed.

If you want to resize and/or move your windows, remove the old
directives from your TCMD.INI file.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
May 30, 2008
215
1
nikbackm wrote:



The repositioning only works if you use the new pixel position
arguments. If you're still using the old row/column arguments, the size
& position will be fixed.

If you want to resize and/or move your windows, remove the old
directives from your TCMD.INI file.

Rex Conn
JP Software
Thanks,

I noticed that myself as well, but it still does not work 100%.

If you change the position it is saved till next time, but if you change the size it does not seem to be saved. The size WAS saved the first time I started a TCC session with an INI without the Popup* settigns, but after the initial resize (the window was very small at first) the size setting was no longer saved.
 
May 20, 2008
9,274
62
Syracuse, NY, USA
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:23:20 -0600, nikbackm <> wrote:


>If you change the position it is saved till next time, but if you change the size it does not seem to be saved. The size WAS saved the first time I started a TCC session with an INI without the Popup* settigns, but after the initial resize (the window was very small at first) the size setting was no longer saved.
I see the same thing. And after it was saved the first time, I couldn't get a
new size to be saved, even in a new session. That is, now, I cannot save a new
size (drag only lower right corner) in any session.
--
- Vince