Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PowerShell Tabs in TCMD

Jul
How come the window that opens in TCMD using the command line

%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

has one configuration that is entirely different from the config that opens from the desktop shortcut that uses the same command line?

Chuck Billow

How come the window that opens in TCMD using the command line

%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

has one configuration that is entirely different from the config that opens from the desktop shortcut that uses the same command line?

What specifically are you referring to?

TCMD does not use shortcut properties when executing an app directly; if you have something in the shortcut that you want in the tab window, you'll need to set it yourself.

Joe, I'm trying to figure which I should be using. I don't have any sense of balance with PowerShell yet.

Chuck

I created my own profile, Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1 by doing a

Code:
notepad $Profile

from the PowerShell prompt. You can add to it from there. Mine has grown over the years, including aliases, functions, etc.

It's the same as creating your own 4start.btm for TCC (or TCSTART.btm as it is called nowadays). My 4start.btm has also grown over the years.

Joe

I'll give it a shot, Joe. Funny to feel like I am starting all over after all these years!

Thanks,
Chuck