Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

run as limited user

I need to run TCC as a limited user starting from an Administrator's TCC shell. Since I did not find a pertinent startup command-line switch or START option I'm now experimenting with Sysinternals' psexec, and I get an issue.
Code:
CDD P:\jpsoft\TCMD13\
psexec.exe -l P:\jpsoft\TCMD13\tcc.exe
tcc.exe - System Error
The program can't start because TakeCmd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Why can't TCC find its dll and is there anything I can do to fix it?
I verified that psexec starts TCC in P:\jpsoft\TCDM13 which is also in the PATH.
The psexec help text for -l says: "Run process as limited user (strips the Administrators group and allows only privileges assigned to the Users group). On Windows Vista the process runs with Low Integrity."
Versions: TCC 13.03.38 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601] 32-bit.
Thank you.

I need to run TCC as a limited user starting from an Administrator's TCC shell. Since I did not find a pertinent startup command-line switch or START option I'm now experimenting with Sysinternals' psexec, and I get an issue.

Why can't you use "START runas user password" ?

Why can't TCC find its dll and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Probably a permissions issue -- if you installed TCMD / TCC as an administrator, a standard user won't be able to see the files. And it isn't a TCC error; that message is coming from the Windows loader. No TCC code is ever executed.

And it isn't a TCC error; that message is coming from the Windows loader. No TCC code is ever executed.
You're absolutely correct. It hadn't occurred to me to test CMD.exe in the same situation and voilà
cmd.exe - System Error
The program can't start because WINBRAND.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.