Startup folder

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
I see that the folder that TCC and Take Command are supposed to start in, i.e. the one shown in the prompt, according to the configuration dialog, should be C:\indexing, which is what I want. However, what is actually shown in the prompt is the folder for TCMD16. How can I change the folder shown in the prompt when Take Command starts?

It should start in the folder specified in Options\TakeCommand\Advanced\StartFolder. If it's not doing that my best guess is that your TCSTART.BTM is changing the folder when TCC starts.

Vince - what about the Start In on the shortcut?
That will be overridden by an OPTION setting or a CD/CDD in TCSTART.BTM because what TCMD/TCC do after they're started is beyond the control of the shortcut. I'm not sure of the behavior if there's no OPTION start-up dir and TCSTART.BTM doesn't CD/CDD.

That will be overridden by an OPTION setting or a CD/CDD in TCSTART.BTM because what TCMD/TCC do after they're started is beyond the control of the shortcut. I'm not sure of the behavior if there's no OPTION start-up dir and TCSTART.BTM doesn't CD/CDD.
On my installation there doesn't seem to be a TCSTART.BTM. In previous versions of Take Command I could start in a folder of my choice, and I am not an expert. It seems I cannot do that in Version 16.

It should start in the folder specified in Options\TakeCommand\Advanced\StartFolder. If it's not doing that my best guess is that your TCSTART.BTM is changing the folder when TCC starts.
It's not a good idea to change directory in TCSTART.BTM anyway.
Stand-alone TCCs (not in TCMD) will start where the shortcut (to TCC) says.
TCMD will start where the shortcut (to TCMD) says and if there are no pre-defined tabs, TCCs inside TCMD will start there also.
If you pre-define tabs (Option\TakeCommand\Tabs\Tab1 ...) they'll start where specified in their settings (and you won't get a default tab).

It's not a good idea to change directory in TCSTART.BTM anyway.
Stand-alone TCCs (not in TCMD) will start where the shortcut (to TCC) says.
TCMD will start where the shortcut (to TCMD) says and if there are no pre-defined tabs, TCCs inside TCMD will start there also.
If you pre-define tabs (Option\TakeCommand\Tabs\Tab1 ...) they'll start where specified in their settings (and you won't get a default tab).
Many thanks - in summary, right click on the Windows shortcut, select 'Properties' and replace the path statement in the "Start in:" box.