1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCC/TCMD 11 Build 38 does no longer work ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lippolt, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Lippolt

During startup I get the following message:

The beta version of IP*Works! SSH V8 used by this application has expired.
    Please visit www.nsoftware.com for an updated version.
    This version of the component will no longer function.

It looks like we need a new build ...

Best regards from Hannover in Germany,

Peter

2. charmead

Not just build 38, I was still on 35, and it fails also with the same message.

3. dcantor

I started getting this very same error message starting about 6pm (ET) today. Now matter how or where I attempt to start TCC, this happens.

4. bravotango

Likewise here. Thought I must have done something really bad by messing with the tcmd11.ini file and also reinstalling tcmd8 to review my settings on that version.

So I think it's time to simply reinstall TCMD11 and when I try that I get this stupid error:
    "The feature you are tryng to use is on CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Take Comand 11.0' disk and click OK" (it's looking for a specific installation package type .msi). This is happening on Windows 7. Same error comes up if I try to uninstall.

Turns out the needed culprit is in:
    C:\Users\BT\AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command 11.\install\B9244FB\tcmd.msi
    So I try to reinstall again and point to this location and I get another stupid error:
    "The file 'C:\Users......' is not a valid installation package for the produce Take Command 11. Try to find the installation package 'tcmd.msi' in a folder from which you can install"

This folder\file is temporary so I leave the bad install nightmare hanging while I copy the entire Take Command 11.0 install folder over to my other disk. Even using this tcmd.msi I cannot reinstall or uninstall as I get all these dumb errors saying this file is not a valid package.

Do I give up now and just delete everything manually or what?

5. Joe Caverly

Hi,
    Change your system date back to 01-30-2010, start TCC11, then change the system date back to today.

Only workaround that I can find for now, until Rex comes up with a fix.

Joe

6. myarmor

This is rather bad for a commercial product at least.. Hopefully they'll release a new version FAST as Take Command is useless without it.

Take Command crashes with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000142). Click OK to close the application."

7. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Or use TCC/LE for the time being. It doesn't rely on IPWorks.

8. dsackinger

Yes... I started receiving this error today as well.

9. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

I've uploaded build 39 which fixes the prblem (a misbehaving third-party dll).

10. Roedy

Me too. Help! I am dead in the water. Almost everything I do has a BTM script in there somewhere.

11. dsackinger

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm back up and running! Fantastic turn around!

DanS.

12. Lippolt

Hello Rex,

thanks for the fast repair. Everything is fine again - work can continue. Having no access to TCC shows how much we rely on your great command line tool.

Peter - Hannover, Germany