Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can I start TCC in full screen mode?

I note that Windows has restored full screen mode i.e. Alt-Enter switches a command line console between a window and full screen mode. Is it possible to call TCC to start up in Full Screen mode?

I didn't realize that! Apparently my Win8 machine doesn't support it, saying "This system does not support fullscreen mode", but it does work on my Win10 machine. My Win7 machine just ignores it altogether. Heh

Apparently M$ didn't think to put the option back into the properties of a command line program in the midst of their interface butchery, so try keystack alt-enter from within TCC.

I note that Windows has restored full screen mode i.e. Alt-Enter switches a command line console between a window and full screen mode. Is it possible to call TCC to start up in Full Screen mode?

There isn't any internal option or command in TCC to switch to full screen mode.

I'm baffled that MS chose to put it back in Windows 10. IMO it's completely useless; I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to do it.

At least on my Win10 machine that it works on, it's not the text mode that it used to be. It just fills up the screen without changing modes/resolutions, it's border-less and has a scroll bar because my buffer is taller than the screen.

If you create a .lnk (shortcut) and set "Run:" to Maximized it will run full screen.

Last edited:
If you create a .lnk (shortcut) and set "Run:" to Maximized it will run full screen.
That's the same as the "window max" mentioned above in that it's dependent on the set buffer size. It doesn't do the pseudo "full screen" (borderless) that Win10 does with Alt+Enter.