Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Want to start TCMD v20 with every Windows 10 bootup

Apr
I've tried putting a shortcut in the Startup folder in Windows, and I've even thought of looking in the Registry for the entry that starts up applications on login, but I haven't been able to get TCMD to start up at each login to Windows 10. I'm using the April 2018 release of Windows 10, and I have versopm 2-/11/46 x64 of Take Command v20. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

//Steve//

"c:\users\username\start menu\programs\startup" (also known as "C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup") works here (Win7). I've read (Google) that it's the same in Win10. Get there quickly by entering "shell:startup" in the StartButton\Run dialog. There, I have a shortcut with target

Code:
[path]\tcc.exe /k [path]\logon.btm

In logon.btm I do a lot of stuff ... I suppose I could start TCMD.

I imagine the shortcut could simply have TCMD as target but I've never tried it.

I just put a shortcut to TCMD there and it worked.

I suppose you could accomplish the same goal with an entry in the registry key:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Make a REG_SZ value there with any name you like and give, as data, the fully-qualified path to TCMD.EXE.