1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCMD 15 beta installer

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnQSmith, Mar 19, 2013.

1. JohnQSmith

After having been corrected in build 29 of TCMD 14 in July 2012, the problem has returned in TCMD 15. When performing an upgrade, the installer doesn't point to the previously installed location. The installer wants to install to "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15". My installation is at "C:\MyProgramFiles\JPSoft\TCMD15".

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

That's in Microsoft's code. (People have been complaining about that forever -- but it also depends on whether you tell the installer to overwrite previous versions.)

3. vefatica

The choice of location comes before the uninstall choices. Mine defaults to the canonical location. IIRC, v14 defaults to my current install location.

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

V15 and v14 use the same installer version.

5. Rodolfo

In my case, I simply use the drop down menu and I choose the second line, that is where I have TakeCommand in a customized path. The first line, the "default", also in my case is C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15".

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

6. vefatica

That's what I do too but I'm remembering (perhaps wrongly) not having to do that with v14.

7. JohnQSmith