Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-C?

May
TCC Command Line Editing
Ctrl-Y Copy the highlighted text to the clipboard
Ctrl-C Copy the highlighted text to the clipboard (if anything is highlighted); otherwise cancel the command

They don't work like that here. Both cancel the command (Ctrl-Y without displaying ^C). Neither copies selected (Shift-Left/Right) text to the clipboard.

Ctrl-Y is working fine here (for text marked with Shift-Left / Right).

Ctrl-C only copies highlighted text when you are at the command line. When you are running something, that app handles ^C (in whatever fashion it wants, or defaults to Windows canceling the command).

But this depends on (1) your Windows console settings, and (2) whether you're running TCC standalone, in a TCMD tab window, or in Windows Terminal.

I was testing in a console. As I said, Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-C both cancel the command and copy nothing when something is TCC-selected.

What windows console settings are relevant?

I was testing in a console. As I said, Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-C both cancel the command and copy nothing when something is TCC-selected.

What windows console settings are relevant?

Legacy vs. non-legacy, and the console Edit options. Also, what do you have defined for the TCC Clipboard / Copy key?

Not sure what you mean by "cancel the command" - you're running a command, or you're saying it clears the command line you're editing?

TCC will definitely not clear the line on a Ctrl-Y, so you've got something else in your system doing that.

Not sure what you mean by "cancel the command" - you're running a command, or you're saying it clears the command line you're editing?

Yes, they clear the command line I'm editing.

My Clipboard\Copy key is empty.

And I have EraseLine=Esc Ctrl-Y in TCMD.INI going back to v28.

Never mind! If I really needed those keys, I could straighten it out.

Why did you add Ctrl-Y to your EraseLine directive? And presumably removed it from the clipboard copy?

I must have had a reason at the time. Whatever it was must not have worked out. The setting has unwittingly been inherited in copied INI files since v28.