Install two minor versions

#1
I just installed 14.00.27 to a directory other than the one where 14.00.26 is. The install dialog gave me a message that not everything installed correctly, but everything seems to work (any idea)?

Now I have two "Take Command 14.0"s in CP\programs&features (as expected).

If I choose the newer one and say "repair", I get an open-file dialog ("Select the installation package for Take Command 14.0") showing the System32 directory, and suggesting a file named TCMD.EXE. What do I do here? I cancelled and got this message box:

Code:
[Window Title]
C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command 14.0\updates\Update\tcmd.exe

[Content]
Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command 14.0\updates\Update\tcmd.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[OK]
Then I tried to uninstall the recent (27) install. That apparently worked. But now my 14.00.26 no longer works ... first I get the UAC prompt. If I say "no" I'm told my trial period has expired". If I say "yes", it apparently registers itself (and now it seems OK).

Finally a question. If I had said, at install time, "remove old versions", would it have removed v13?
 
#2
Then I tried to uninstall the recent (27) install. That apparently worked. But now my 14.00.26 no longer works ... first I get the UAC prompt. If I say "no" I'm told my trial period has expired". If I say "yes", it apparently registers itself (and now it seems OK).
I spoke too soon. Back in my (untouched) 13.00.26, I get "TPIPE: Error - Can't access textpipeengine.dll". "REGSVR32 g:\tc14\textpipeengine.dll" gives:

Code:
[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
The module "g:\tc14\textpipeengine.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

[OK]
 
#3
I spoke too soon. Back in my (untouched) 13.00.26, I get "TPIPE: Error - Can't access textpipeengine.dll". "REGSVR32 g:\tc14\textpipeengine.dll" gives:

Code:
[Window Title]
RegSvr32
 
[Content]
The module "g:\tc14\textpipeengine.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.
 
For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.
 
[OK]
So I upgraded 14.00.26 **in place** and all seems OK.
 
#4
So now I'm back to a well-working 14.00.27 (upgraded 14.00.26 in place). The "Repair" CP option doesn't work (as described in the first post in this thread). The "Repair" option doesn't work for v13 (untouched for a long time) either. It results in a similar open-file dialog, based in System32, and looking for TCMD.EXE. When that's cancelled, I get:

Code:
[Window Title]
C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command 13.04\updates\Update\tcmd.exe

[Content]
Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command 13.04\updates\Update\tcmd.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[OK]
The contents of ...\JP Software\... have been consistent and IIRC, there's never been an "updates\Update" folder and there's never been a TCMD.EXE anywhere in the tree.