1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update / install issue with 20.0.20.10.32 take command

Discussion in 'Support' started by Seven, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Seven

I selected check updates and it attempted to update me to the latest version of take command and failed mid way through withError 997. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. Below is the log file, any ideas, I cannot install the previous version either.

2. Seven

Great system, I cannot attach the log file or paste the contents because it keeps saying it looks like spam

#2 Seven, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  3. TEA-Time

Attaching a file and pasting works fine here. I typed this in Notepad, then copied and pasted it here, then took a screen shot and attached it and chose to insert it as a full image.

Capture.PNG

4. Seven

The log is too large to post, when I previously tried to attach the file it said it looked like a spam message, seems to let me attach now.

5. Seven

Attached the file for your analysis

Attached Files:

6. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a known Windows Installer error sometimes caused by Microsoft security update KB2918614.

A Google search will turn up a lot of pages talking about this; one of the most detailed is at:

[title]

Which provides a number of possible solutions to the problem.

7. Seven

Much appreciated, I will investigate

8. Seven

I tried the hotfix which wouldn't install "not applicable to my system" Tried to find the KB that causes the problem, no luck. I found a solution that works. Rename the RSA S-1-5-18 directory to bak

Rename the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18_BAK

Try installing again