Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom ini-file is not read, by tcmd.exe cli

Apr
I have a custom ini-file and two hyperlinks to start either tcc or tcmd. The tcc hyperlink still works, the tcmd hyperlink has stopped working but I am unsure when.

The command in the tcc link:
"C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD22\tcc.exe" /@%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Batch\etc\Batch.ini

The command in the tcmd link:
"C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD22\tcmd.exe" /@%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Batch\etc\Batch.ini

I have tried the syntax variation without the slash but that is simply removed from the hyperlink by Windows.

Please advice, I'm stumped.

Hi DJ,

I seem to remember that the answr might be to double the "/" in front of the at sign....

That definitely explains what I'm seeing.
Thank you. That's what I needed to get past this point.
If you don't mind: why is the [4NT] section not used to configure the primary shell, except when there are explicit defs in [Tabn] sections?

That definitely explains what I'm seeing.
Thank you. That's what I needed to get past this point.
If you don't mind: why is the [4NT] section not used to configure the primary shell, except when there are explicit defs in [Tabn] sections?

Because the tabs are created by Take Command, not TCC. Two separate apps in separate sessions.

And the primary shell isn't necessarily TCC - some people use CMD or PowerShell or bash.

I believe what you're saying is:

The /@ for tcmd.exe only reads the [TakeCommand] section. The name of the inifile is not passed to tcc. After initialization tcmd proceeds to start a shell according to standard rules; the [Tabn] section(s) or a default shell if none are given. In the latter case this means that the shell will be initialized according to the standard inifile. If your non-standard tcmd should start non-standard shells than they should each be defined in the [Tabn] sections of the non-standard ini-file passed passed to tcmd, each explicitly referring to the special inifile for each tab.