Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unable to Specify INI File

I think those files get install times. I just updated VS2022 and my WT is up to date. Internally (according to dumpbin) the WT one (same in release/preview) is newer. And I wouldn't bet on newer_is_better. I have more faith in the WT team than in the VS team. And VS's implementation of the built-in terminal is a bit goofy (last I messed with it) but I'm not blaming that on openconsole.exe.

You can always get a zipped release of WT here and take what you want from it. You might have to expand "Assets" to see the distribution files.

I don't have Windows 11, but I believe that if you open a "real" console (not Windows Terminal) and open the system menu (Alt-Space) and go to "Defaults", then to the "Terminal" tab, you will find a "Default Terminal Application" setting. If opening a real console is difficult, you should be able to do so by executing c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe.

On Windows 10, I have only two options for "Default Terminal Application" ... "Windows Console Host" and "Let Windows Decide". You may have more options.
Thank you. This solved my problem.