Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Single instance/TCMD Here problem

Jun
TCC 10,00,55 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]

When the "Single instance" option is turned on, the "TCMD Here" function in Windows Explorer no longer works. The TCMD window is made topmost but it remains in the directory that it was in prevously.

I wrote my own script to install various registry tweaks, including TCC-here and Take Command tab-here type functionality, batch associations, and AppPaths. You can get it here:

http://www.nmia.com/~raster/RegTweaks.btm

Running this ought to fix your issue. It would be a good idea to back up your registry before running it, though; it makes a lot of changes.

TCC 10,00,55 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]

When the "Single instance" option is turned on, the "TCMD Here" function in Windows Explorer no longer works. The TCMD window is made topmost but it remains in the directory that it was in prevously.

WAD (as the lesser of two evils). If you have Single Instance enabled, TCMD can't start a new session in the desired directory; but it's also a bad idea to force the existing TCMD to a new directory as it can cause mayhem to programs running in the tab windows.

You need to decide whether the single instance or the "TCMD here" is more important to you.

WAD (as the lesser of two evils). If you have Single Instance enabled, TCMD can't start a new session in the desired directory; but it's also a bad idea to force the existing TCMD to a new directory as it can cause mayhem to programs running in the tab windows.

You don't need to set the CWD for Take Command, only for the program running in the new tab window. A command like this:

Code:
"C:\BIN\TCmd\tcmd.exe" /t "C:\BIN\TCmd\TCC.EXE" /k *cdd "%1"
works for me whether Take Command is in Single-Instance mode or not, already open or not. It can also be trivially adapted to work with TCI, 4NT, or CMD.EXE.

Hmm, I hadn't quite understood what was meant by single instance.

What I want is that when I have TCMD open and select "TCMD here", I get a new tab in the existing TCMD window. I'll take a close look at Charles' script and see if that will help me to get what I want.

You need to decide whether the single instance or the "TCMD here" is more important to you.
The latter, definitely the latter :)

I wrote my own script to install various registry tweaks, including TCC-here and Take Command tab-here type functionality, batch associations, and AppPaths. You can get it here:

http://www.nmia.com/~raster/RegTweaks.btm

Running this ought to fix your issue. It would be a good idea to back up your registry before running it, though; it makes a lot of changes.
Thanks. I have downloaded a copy.

First of, one little nit. The line:
if not 1.0 == 01 ...
does not travel well. It only works if the decimal separator is "." - and as you have probably guessed by now, where I live, it isn't :)
Here in Denmark (and in lots of other places in Europe) we use comma as decimal separator and dot as thousands separator, i.e. the opposite of what you use.

Code:
"C:\BIN\TCmd\tcmd.exe" /t "C:\BIN\TCmd\TCC.EXE" /k *cdd "%1"
Thanks again, Charles. I modified the existing TCMD here commands to look like this:

Code:
"C:\TCMD10\tcmd.exe" /T "C:\TCMD10\tcc.exe" /K *cdd "%L"
and now it works the way I want it to work.

Thanks. I have downloaded a copy.

First of, one little nit. The line:
if not 1.0 == 01 ...
does not travel well. It only works if the decimal separator is "." - and as you have probably guessed by now, where I live, it isn't :)
Here in Denmark (and in lots of other places in Europe) we use comma as decimal separator and dot as thousands separator, i.e. the opposite of what you use.

You're right. I have a SETDOS /G, but I guess it doesn't help much with the preceding lines....